Loading the content... Loading depends on your connection speed!

Change of Status Transfer Students

Overseas Students

Applying from your home country


There are 4 steps in order to apply and come to Language Systems:

To apply to Language Systems you must:

  • Be 18 years old or older. Applicants under 18 years, can only apply if they have a high school diploma and a guardian in the U.S. during their studies at Language Systems.
  • Have a basic understanding and ability to read, write and speak English (e.g. alphabet, survival vocabulary, etc.).
  • If you have questions regarding these prerequisites, please contact us

    Applying to Language Systems
    Please send the following to us by mail, fax, or e-mail to receive an I-20:

  • Application form (online)
  • Copy of passport
  • Bank statement (at least $13,000 / no more than 3 months old)
  • Proof of highest education attended

  • Initial Fees:
  • $150 non-refundable processing fee
  • $200 SEVIS fee (Paid directly to SEVP)
  • $100 tuition deposit
  • $100 non-refundable shipping & handling

  • There are three ways to make your payment. Please choose the most convenient way for you:
    • Paypal: You can use your credit card to oay via paypal if you country supports this platform. After you apply online, you will see an online payment page. You can fill in your credit card information and pay.
    • Credit Card: You can use VISA or MasterCard. After you apply online, you will see an online payment page. You can fill in your credit card information and pay. You can also fill out the credit card payment form and send it to us by mail, fax or email.
    • Bank Wire Transfer: You can wire the payment from your bank to our bank account. A $35 bank charge is added if you wire the payment, so please add $35 to the total. Please contact us to get our bank account information.
    As soon as we receive your application, documents and payment, we will mail your I-20, the SEVIS fee receipt, and an acceptance letter to you. It takes about 2 weeks, but it varies from country to country.

    Applying for your F-1 visa
    Below is a basic summary of the steps to apply to your F-1 visa:

    • Contact the embassy (or consulate) and schedule an appointment using your I-20 number. You will need to pay for this appointment (amounts and methods vary, check the embassy website for details).
    • Complete the embassy application (DS)form(s) available on the website of the embassy.
    • Take your I-20, I-901, bank statements, passport, and DS form(s) to the embassy (or consulate) on the date of your appointment.
    For detailed information on the visa application process, please go to the US government website.

    The US government gives priority to F-1 visa applications, and usually the waiting time for appointments and the time it takes to be approved are very short, often only a few days. You can check the times here.

    Coming to the United States
    After you receive your F-1 visa you may enter the United States up to 30 days before the starting date on your I-20. Please show the following in order to enter the United States:

    • Passport with F-1 visa
    • I-20
    • SEVIS fee receipt

    After you enter the United States
    Please report to Language Systems International with the items listed below before or on your starting date.

    • Passport with F-1 visa
    • I-20 (stamped by immigration when you enter the United States)
    • Your address in the United States
    • Money for tuition balance and textbooks
    New student orientation starting time

    Downtown LA
    Session A - 9:00 a.m.
    Session B - 9:00 a.m.
    Session C - 9:00 a.m.

    Northeast LA
    Session A - 9:00 a.m.
    Session B - 1:30 p.m.
    Session C - 1:30 p.m.

    Orange County
    Session A - 9:00 a.m.
    Session B - 1:00 p.m.
    Session C - 1:00 p.m.

    South Bay LA
    Session A - 9:30 a.m.
    Session B - 9:30 a.m.
    Session C - 9:30 a.m.

    Orientation discussion includes:
    • Program introduction
    • School policies
    • Placement test
    More questions?
    You may prefer to have your application handled by a travel or educational agent in your country. In that case, please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with a list of our partner agencies in your country

    You may also find more information on the visa application process at the US government website.


    Share Page

    Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email